The pastor of a church is in a
precarious position; he can't please everyone! It has been
* If he is young, he lacks experience;
his hair is gray, he's too old for the young people.
* If he has several children, he has too many; if he has no children, he's setting a bad example.
* If he preaches from his notes, he has canned sermons and is too dry;
if he doesn't use notes, he has not studied and is not deep.
* If he is attentive to the poor people in
the church, they claim he is playing to the
grandstand; if he pays attention to the wealthy, he is trying to be an
* If he suggests changes for improve-
ment of the church, he
is a dictator; if he makes no suggestions, he is a figurehead.
he uses too many illustrations, he neglects the Bible; if he doesn't use
enough illustrations, he isn't clear.
* If he condemns wrong, he is
if he doesn't preach against sin, he's a compromiser.
* If he
fails to please somebody, he's hurting the church and ought to leave; if he
tries to please everyone, he is a fool.
* If he preaches about money,
he's a money grabber; if he doesn't preach spiritual giving, he is failing to
develop the people.
* If he drives an old car, he shames his
congregation; if he drives a new car, he is setting his affection on earthly
* If he preaches all the time, the people
get tired of hearing
one man; if he invites guest speakers, he is shirking his
* If he receives a large salary, he's a mercenary; if he
receives only a small salary, well it proves he isn't worth much
Isn't it time to let your pastor know how much you appreciate
A Pastor is a word, filled with lots of love, because it is a gift, given from above.
God looks down from heaven, with a smile on His face,
and gives some certain people, a special kind of grace.
They don't act special, or say "Hey look at me", but often cry "Oh Father", on their bended knee.
We run to them with worries, crying out in grief, hoping that their Godly words, bring us some relief.
Seldom do we stop, to think about their view, so let me take a minute, to say I appreciate you.
Dedicated to all of our pastor's
and his their wife, may God
continue to have His hand